The main purpose of the Financial Resources organization is to provide the General Management and the Board of Directors of Refinería Isla Curaçao B.V. and PDVSA with accurate and timely financial data, via reports and financial statements, to facilitate decision-making. To this end the Financial Resources organization should assure that the financial and accounting transactions are carried out effectively and efficiently by planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities and available resources, in order to assure that before mentioned parties can exercise proper control of the business and meet the functional and corporate objectives in accordance with the legal requirements of the government of Curaçao and PDVSA’s guidelines.
The Finance Resources organization is divided into the following departments:
- Budget and Contracting Out
- Coordinate the preparation of the operational and investment budgets
- Control and report the differences between actual costs and budget.
- Calculate and register the depreciation of completed investments.
- Coordinate the contracting out process.
- Manage the contracting out committees.
- Coordinate the evaluation and registration process of the contractors, and perform their financial evaluation.
- General and Oil Accounting
- Prepare and report the financial statements
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and reconciliation with affiliates
- Hydrocarbon Accounting (financial and volumetric)
- Calculate price of hydrocarbon products and deliveries to local and international clients
- Invoice hydrocarbon sales, port services and other services to third parties and affiliates
- Process incoming invoices from affiliates
- Internal Control
- Ensure payment to contractors, suppliers and external beneficiaries are processed in line with Isla’s norms and procedures.
- Ensure that indicated payments are accurate and properly documented.
- Ensure that indicated payments are processed in accordance with the relevant Delegation of Financial Authority (DFA).
- Review and advise regarding compliance to financial procedures and norms
- Supervise and coordinate the registration of contractors and suppliers and maintain this information actualized
- Systems and Procedures
- Administrate and maintain all financial procedures, policies and norms
- Advise on new financial systems and assist in the development of current systems
- Manage funds and register all bank transactions
- Perform Payroll calculations and administration
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables
- Register and pay incoming invoices
- Manage insurance policies
In order to work within the Financial Resources organization, you should hold a certificate of a financial education and have the following competencies: affinity with figures, accurate, integer, analytical, responsible, stress resistant, flexible, customer oriented and a team player. Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must, while knowledge of the SAP system is an advantage. Furthermore you should be a good organizer and planner in order to meet strict deadlines.
There are currently no vacancies available