“VGKS, formerly the abbreviation for “Vereniging Geëmployeerden der Koninklijke Shell””, is an association which was founded on May 19, 1944 by the Royal Dutch Shell staff members of that time. The objective of the association is to promote the cultural, physical and social interests of its members.
The current members of VGKS are:
- the staff members who were employed at the time of Shell NV currently having a retirement pension with NV Esc Pensionfund.
- the staff members of Refineria Isla Curaçao B.V.
- ex staff members of the Refinery with a pension of Isla Foundation Pension Fund.
- the widows/widowers of the members referred to under points a, b and c.
Members can contact “VGKS” for the following services:
- Private Insurance,
- Collective Accident Insurance,
- Collective Purchases,
- Purchases and Financing of purchases to be paid in installments.
- Printing of photos.
“VGKS” also provides financial assistant for certain cultural events and sells tickets for some events at reduced prices.
VGKS is located at the Policlinic of Refineria Isla Curaçao B.V. and can be reached at extensions